Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whats really goin on?!?

I apologize but Ive been tryin to stop writing so much - its been eating up too much of my time. I got like four blogs; One of which I have officially shut down. BUT... I read this headline. Just incase youre too lazy to click on the link, its talkin about the decision of a Maine school to allow "the pill" for girls from ages 11 up. ELEVEN?!? Am I the only one who feels like this is a problem? Yeah, I know people are humpin with no clothes on at a real young age now but giving the pill to an eleven year old is utterly ridiculous. I would not give these lil kids a "get outta jail free card" - a free pass to screw without consequence. I know its hard. I got young teenage friends and family with kids and it aint no fun for them BUT I feel like they need to deal with it if they get pregnant. I would rather them atleast teach the kids how to use a condom. In my opinion, giving them the pill would open a door for them start having outta control unprotected sex and the whole idea is a bad idea. Rather than give these kids an easy escape from responsibility, somebody need to pull these parents to the side and pistol whip some knowledge into them until they do a better job raising their kids. Somebody need to get a hold onto reigns and explain to these little bastards that at the age of 11, they should be out playin kickball or watchin spongebob rather than spreadin their legs on their little undeveloped bodies. But maybe Im wrong... It is the new millenium... 30 is the new 20 so I guess 11 is the new... Wait... now that doesnt make sense at all...

3 comments:

Kiyotoe said...

yeah son that's ridiculous. I absolutely agree with you on this one. Is it even safe for an eleven year old little girl to be taking "the pill"?

I know there are side effects for grown women so there has to be adverse reactions for little girls.

And like you said, the main point is that they shouldn't be gettin' freaky anyway.

Damn shame what's going on in this society.

Mindy said...

It boils down to another instantace of parents not wanting to be just that. Parents.

There is no way in hell the school would be aloud to get away with doing this if the parents actually did some REAL parenting.

To make matters worse, the school doesn't even have to tell the parents, the ones that might actually care, if there kid has come in and is recieving this free "magic" pill.

Mr. B. said...

kids don't know jack about accountability and technology and society makes it so it's easier and easier to not be accountable. there's so much wrong with society it's scary. i agree whole-heartedly. if kids want to act like adults they should receive the same results adults receive.