Thursday, April 26, 2007

Love and Sleep

Alright so normally I dont just write a lot of mess in this blog, but Im sitting at my job just tryin to stay awake. The typing is so sloppy Im tempted to just leave them uncorrected because fixing my mistakes is starting to get really irritating. But I just gotta keep my eyes open. Please dont judge my abilities by this poor blog. My other stuff is much, much better. Infact you should stop reading this and read some of the other post. I am sllleeeeeeppppyyy and very much so ready to go. I dont even have any thing to say and Im probably just wasting your time if youre reading this cause I dont really have any thought provoking thoughts. I really dont have any thoughts at all. Im gonna make an attempt at something just to make an attempt at something.

I read my bible this morning. I read in 1st Corinthians chapter 13; maybe like the first 10 verses or so. So its talking about love. Its talking about how love is long suffering and kind; how it keeps no records of past wrong doings and evils, etc. It says love isnt jealous and doesnt boast or anything like that. After reading this, I started doing a lil soul searching. I started to look at my life and search for any instances, in any one of any of my past relationships where I was able to go through "long suffering" with somebody or was able to continually forgive someone for their "wrong doings" as they used me for a human toilet. I cant say I have felt that way for any female. Now I know that this scripture isnt referring specifically to love inside of an opposite sex relationship; moreso along the lines of "love thy neighbor", treat people how you wanna be treated and "forgive 7 times 70..." BUT the same rules should apply. You shouldnt treat your significant other any worse than you treat your best friend. Even if your best friend is just your bitch............. (female dog).

Im sorry. I just couldnt resist.


Anyway. After realizing that I hadnt felt "that feeling" anytime recently, I began to question whether or not I was capable with my current line of thinking. It reminded me of a magazine article I read a while ago in some magazine which was talkin about this guy and his new found girlfriend. Now, the writer of the article was lookin at this guy and observing his actions and he was talkin about how the guy was all up under her and probably would have done anything this female would have asked him to; describing him as being relatively "soft" and "whipped". Then the writer had a moment; he got a revelation. He said "maybe this guy has it right and we've all had it wrong all this time." I think the writer began to see exactly how scarred and bitter men have become by his own, very common, thought process. I think society.... On second thought I dont even feel like getting into how society has shaped our thought processes and gender bias and stuff like that. I dont feel like it. Society is jacked up. Period.


Yeah, so.... Im done talkin now. Im still sleepy. Im sorry for wasting your time if I did, but oh well. Thanks for keeping me up. Peace.

1 comment:

Kiyotoe said...

i hope you got some rest lil' brother, because that was a rant and a half!