Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Special Bum Fund

Yeah... I had to write today because I just had a bum try to hate on me on my way back from pickin up some snacks. The nigga (excuse my language, but Ima lil blowed) gone ask me for some change and when I told him I aint have none to share (since I dont carry cash downtown, just my debit card) he started the hate. The nigga said his lil viscious comments.

Then I said to myself: "Self?"

myself say: "Huh?"

I said: "Didnt that guy just ask you for some money cause you look like you had some?"

and myself said: "Yeah, I think he did."

Then I said: "So why is actin like I didnt just tell him the truth AND do him a favor by NOT helping him out since he is an able bodied young male who has passed about 3 'Now Hiring' signs to come and ask me for some of what I worked for when aint nothin wrong with him?"

Myself said: "..."

Yes, Im all for helping people out who really NEED help but I cant do nothin for a nigga who just wanna be pacified. I remember when I first started going to college, I had a set budget for myself of $60. $60 dollars to be downtown for 5 days; 3 hours a day. Explain to me how I was broke at the end of the week. I'll tell you how. Giving to people who talkin bout, "I just need 75 more cents so I can get on the train to go to the hospital to see my son" or "I just got out of prison and..." etc. I done heard them all. They tell you that and then 2 hours later you see them outside of McDonalds joking with their friends with a cigarette and 40 ounce. And naw, that aint racist or snobbish or playin on no stereotype - its real because I seen it. And them niggas took advantage. SO, as a result, I dont even carry much cash downtown anymore. You might catch me with $3. That way I can look these hatin, ungrateful, theivin', "homeless by choice" people, who I've seen everyday for the past 5 and 1/2 years, in the eye and tell them "No, Im sorry, I cant help you." I cant help you if you aint tryin to help yourself...

But I will give to a positive charity of your choice.....

1 comment:

Kiyotoe said...

Oh, i'll tell a homeless person (bum is so politically incorrect brotha)....i'll tell him in a second to go get a job or to leave me alone.

Especially one that has a smart ass mouth. You work hard for your dough so you have the right to share it or not. Maybe if his attitude was a little better he wouldn't be chillin' on skid row.