Wednesday, April 4, 2007

That "Graveyard Love"

There was a term my sister use to use a while ago called "Graveyard Love". This is that "love" that some people have where one person has to die before they seperate. And we aint figuratively speaking either. We talking bout people committing suicide or killing each other over it. But mainly it was a joke the equivalent of calling somebody "whipped" or somethin like that.

Yeah so...

Im down at my job yesterday when somethin crazy happens. This lady gets shot by this man in the lobby of the Omni hotel which is attached to the CNN building, which is right up the street from where I work. Now, normally I probably would have been over there getting some snacks but today I was at the post office mailing off some important documents. At any rate, I hear about this story when I get back and there's all these cloudy details - two men had a shootout, gang violence, the man died, etc. Finally, all the information got cleared up and we find out its an argument between a man and a lady, the man gets mad, shoots her and then the security guard on duty shoots him. The lady dies and the man is rushed to the hospital and operated on. Now I asked myself a question, what could possibly make this man so mad that he would shoot her? I mean, I dont understand. If she said something crazy, how about walking away, deleting a phone number, or if it came down to it and he just had to get physical, why couldn't he just hit her once in the top of the head so it wouldnt leave a bruise? Why he had to shoot the girl? Now, truth be told, I don't know the situation. She coulda did somethin really low down, like sleep with his daddy/bestfriend/brother/all three or somethin, but come on, man. And I don't know how true it is but I've heard some rumor/report that she was pregnant. So now you got two people who have passed away over some mess that they probably coulda just talked about or just let go. It is probably easier for me to say that since, to some people, I have a reputation for cutting people off and them not even knowing why, which is both good and bad at the same time. But I cant think of any one of my past relationships that I feel like the girl needed to be shot or even anything that I have done that woulda got me killed. Maybe Im wrong, though..... Coulda been that "Graveyard Love" for real.....

4 comments:

Kiyotoe said...

what happened yesterday has nothing to do with love man. Unfortunately there are crazy ass people out there like the dude yesterday. And love will make you FEEL like killing somebody sometimes but only the people that weren't wired right in the first place will actually act on it.

Good thing I don't own a gun.

Unknown said...

I know the reality of grave yard love. If it were not for the fact that I have children, I swear I would be in prison at this very moment fir a double homicide.

Unknown said...

I know the reality of grave yard love. If it were not for the fact that I have children, I swear I would be in prison at this very moment fir a double homicide.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't kill if my partner left me r watever life goes on