Saturday, December 2, 2006

I lie because I care

The other day I decided that I didnt really care for people all that much. I came to the conclusion that 75% of people are full of hell and everybody got a little "trife" in them. In fact, the number might be closer to 95%. Part of this conclusion came from the customers I deal with on a daily basis. Everybody is lying and scheming to get over. We record every call. We tell them that and they STILL try to get over.

I had lunch with a couple co-workers of mine. We were talking about pet peeves and dishonesty was brought up. One of them was openly honest and said that they lie to the people they care about to preserve their feelings and they tell the truth to those people, no matter how blunt, that they can do without. I started thinking, part of that makes sense but.... If someone is lying to me I cant think "Oh.... well thats cool cause they just didnt wanna hurt my feelins so I appreciate that lie." Get the heck outta here. Are you serious? I dont feel that but niggas rationalize their lies like that all the time rather than just bein straight up and being like "I dont like it" or "Im not really feeling that." Yeah, its gonna hurt that person but you gotta respect honesty over that lie.

I know I've done some people wrong, but Im big enough to admit it. Ive been deceitful and misled some people to believing things that weren't true. Not necessarily lying, but witholding some of the truth. I understand that how I act sometimes aint right and Im trying to do better. One thing Ive learned over time is that you cant keep apologizing to someone for your mistakes. After a while they'll become numb to it and the apologies wont mean anything. I cant do it.

3 comments:

Kiyotoe said...

I can understand the whole "i lie to the people I care about" mentality because i've always been of the mind that if i lie to you, I'm giving you power over me.

SO, like your co-worker, if I can do without someone or refuse to relinquish such power, than of course I'd be willing to be openly, brutally, sincerely honest with them because I'm not afraid of the consequences.

HOWEVER, those who you hold dear, you want to protect, even if it's from yourself. So we lie. That's what we do, that's life. In a perfect world we could all be honest 100% of the time and we we were, the repercussions of that honesty would be minimal.

This world ain't perfect.

And i'm gone.

Journeyman said...

You must be black....

Nah, just playin. LOL.

DesLily said...

when you've lived a long enough life.. you will find that sometimes (SOMETIMES) ignorance (withholding) can be bliss. (not saying it's a day to day thing mind you)