Tuesday, February 27, 2007

25 to life

So Im lookin at the news the other day and I see how they are talkin about this Brian Nichols character. After realizing that they were talking about his trial I asked myself a question. I said to myself "Why is this guy getting a trial?!?" I honestly don't know how anybody can honestly say anything other than guilty when dealing with this case. They were in the court when it happened, they have several eye witnesses AND they got him on tape in the courthouse. Im sorry if I got it twisted, but what other evidence do you need to convict someone these days. There is no way possible that this jury can have any reasonable doubt. None. So you know exactly which approach the defense is going to have - insanity. Im sorry but if he gets anything less than life, which would actually be a blessing, I am going to have to lose all respect for our justice system. What our system needs to do is start contracting the prisons of other countries' governments. Other countries have REAL prison. It aint no basketball, no exercise, no "fun in the sun" with free food and cable. From what I've seen on tv and stuff, their prisons are HELL. On some serious, "we're not sure if we're gonna eat today" type prison. Yeah... I hear its dangerous on the inside of our prison because of other inmates who are dangerous, but our system itself is a little bit too lenient. Let somebody get shipped off to China or Mexico or somethin for about 4 months after doing an armed robbery and see wont that be the last time they every commit that crime. People be doin silly stuff in America cause they know the consequences are basically little to none. Things would change if people started getting life for having weed in their luggage like that lady did a few years ago in Bali. I could be wrong, though...

1 comment:

Kiyotoe said...

man, if you're just now losing faith in our justice system, then you're lucky. I've been dealing with frustration about it since.....damn, i guess since i was your age.

Too many bleeding hearts and human rights activists watchdogging political correctness for us to get serious about punishing criminals.

Other countries definitely have the right idea, which is exactly why America has such an outlandish rate of crime compared to the rest of the world.

Look it up.